Damocles2 is a product for monitoring and controlling digital inputs and outputs over a LAN. When a digital input is closed, Damocles2 sends an e-mail, a SNMP trap, or a text message to a specified number. As an added advantage, it can be connected to the SensDesk.com portal.
Damocles2 MINI is a network device with relay outputs and digital inputs for connecting external detectors. Damocles2 can be connected to various monitoring systems. We support over 50 different third-party SNMP or SCADA applications.
It is typically used as a web relay (also called IP relay, webrelay or snmp relay), an on off switch or remote power control (e.g. remote power off) for remote products, and for connecting to IoT (Internet of Things). Users also use Damocles2 to measure consumption e.g. by connecting a water meter to a digital input (S0 counter).
Four dry contacts can be connected to the Damocles2 MINI digital inputs (DI). Damocles2 MINI provides two digital relay outputs (DO) that can be controlled over a LAN.
Damocles2 is often used as a remote ethernet relay for Poseidon2. We call this the “Box-2-Box” mode. A virtual output of the Poseidon2 unit can be connected over the network to a physical relay output of the Damocles2 unit.
Alerts to changes in digital inputs – dry contact states (alarm) can be sent as a SNMP Trap, E-mail, or as a text message (SMS relay). Alerts can be delayed (for example to send an alert if a cooler door stays open for more than 5 minutes). The e-mail function supports TLS encryption. All HW group devices can send text messages (SMS) through a single central gateway, the HWg-SMS-GW. Just a single SIM card can serve all your devices.
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10/100 BASE-T)
- WEB: Built-in web server (IPv6, HTTP, HTTPs)
- Data logger: Data logger for more than 250.000 records
- Digital outputs (DO): 2x DO relay output (low-voltage NO/NC relay contact)
- Digital inputs (DI): 4x dry contact DI (state detector)
- Pulse counters: 32-bit S0 counter at every DI
- Can be connected to: Door contacts, smoke detectors, 110/230V power supply detector, water leak detector, fan failure detector
- Power supply: 9-30V DC
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +85°C (14°F to +140°F)
- Mechanical: Metal box, 100 x 94 x 25 [mm] (H x W x D) / 260 g – can be mounted on a wall or on a DIN rail.
- Warranty: 2 years
- Cloud support: HWg-Push protocol, MQTT
- Reaction to a change at a DI: SNMP trap, Email (TLS), SMS
- Sending text messages (SMS) and dialing numbers: Alerts can be sent as text messages (SMS) via a remote “HWg-SMS-GW3” over the network, to a maximum of 5 phone numbers.
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP (SNMP version 1 and version 3), XML (HTTPs), Modbus/TCP, MQTT, HWg-Push
- Box-2-Box mode: Remote relay output for other HW group products
- Support for programmers: HWg-SDK
- Recommended online portal: SensDesk.com – free online portal
- Supported software
- HWg-Trigger: Control of other IP devices, alarm redirection to SMS
- HWg PDMS: Logging, export to MS Excel, reports
- Third-party software (SCADA systems, Modbus/TCP)
Damocles2 product family
|DO (Digital Outputs)||2
|DI (Digital Inputs)||4||12||24|
|32bit pulse counter on each DI|
|HWg-Push protocol (required for SensDesk.com)|
|SNMP v3 & HTTPs secure protocols|
|-48V power for Telco|
|VDO (Virtual Digital Output)|
|PoE (IEEE 802.3af) support|
Monitoring of A/C, UPS, security system status (status relays)
Remote ethernet relay connected over a network – physical output of a Virtual Digital Output (VDO)
Counting of pulses from electricity / water / gas meters. Conversion to price per time period using HWg-PDMS and MS Excel.
IP camera surveillance systems (external sensors)
Values from inputs and outputs can be shared in several different applications. Relay outputs can be controlled as remote input/output.
Software and Applications
- Third-party software:
- Mobile phone apps: iPhone, Android and more..
- Third-party SNMP (NMS) solutions compatible with HW group
Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, The Dude, Paessler PRTG, OpenNMS, HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli, Axence nVision, Ipswitch WhatsUp, CA NSM, SNMPc and more..
- Third-party security solutions + IP cameras + home automation
- Third-party food & medical software solutions
- Third-party industrial / SCADA solutions
- For programmers: HWg-SDK
Description of the M2M interface and examples of collecting data and working with the protocols in several programming languages
Water Leak Detector
Gas Leak Detector
Motion (PIR) Detector