Damocles2 1208 is an Ethernet I/O unit with enhanced security and an excellent cost per I/O pin ratio. Inputs and outputs can be controlled over the secure Web interface or various M2M protocols.
Digital inputs can be used to connect up to 12 dry contacts (e.g. door contacts) or S0 pulse outputs (e.g. electricity meter).
Digital outputs (open collector) can be used to control relays, or for example switch 110/230V sockets (via PowerEgg2).
Damocles2 1208 fits on a DIN rail. Outputs are OC (Open Collector), can control external relays but are not electrically isolated.
E-mail and SMS Alerts
When the state (open/closed) of a contact connected to a digital input changes, Damocles2 can send an e-mail to a maximum of 5 recipients (or a SNMP Trap / SMS alert).
Dry contact alarm can be delayed (for example to send an alert if a cooler door stays open for more than 5 minutes). Damocles2 can send e-mail using the secure TLS protocol.
All HW group devices can send text messages (SMS) through a single central gateway, the HWg-SMS-GW. Just a single SIM card can serve all your devices.
Remote digital outputs (Box-2-Box mode)
Digital outputs (DO) of Damocles2 1208 can be controlled over a LAN from other HW group products. We call this the “Box-2-Box” mode. For example, alarms from several Poseidon2 units or water leak detectors can be signaled at a single location with a single Damocles2 1208 unit.
Secure signaling of I/O states over a LAN
Damocles2 supports secure protocols for M2M communication with central software.
- SNMP v3
- MQTT for cloud (IoT) applications
- XML over HTTPs
- TLS for sending e-mail
A typical application of Damocles2 1208 is secure connection of remote DI (digital inputs) and DO (digital outputs) to a software. Customers use it to monitor doors in a building, security system status, or various detectors. It can be connected to over 50 different third-party SNMP or SCADA applications.
Some customers use Damocles2 and its S0 counter function in smart homes to monitor the technology and for water or electricity consumption billing (with a S0 energy meter).
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10/100 BASE-T)
- WEB: Built-in web server (IPv6, HTTP, HTTPs)
- Data logging Data logger for more than 250.000 records
- Digital outputs (DO): 8 x DO digital outputs, NO/NC relay contact)
- Digital inputs (DI): 12 x dry contact input (for state detectors) Supports: Door contacts, smoke detectors, 110/230V power supply detector, water leak detector, fan failure detector, electricity meter with a S0 output, water meter with a S0 output.
- Pulse Counter: 32-bit S0 counter at every dry contact digital input (DI)
- Power supply: 9-30V DC
- Operating temperature: -30°C to +65°C (14°F to +140°F)
- Mechanical: Plastic box, wall-mountable, DIN rail, 145 x 90 x 40 [mm] (H x W x D)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Cloud support: HWg-Push protocol, MQTT
- Reaction to a change at a DI (dry contact): SNMP trap, Email (TLS), SMS
- Sending text messages (SMS) and dialing numbers: Alerts can be sent as text messages (SMS) via a remote “HWg-SMS-GW3” over the network, to a maximum of 5 phone numbers.
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP (SNMP version 1 and version 3), XML (HTTPs), Modbus/TCP, MQTT, HWg-Push
- Box-2-Box mode: DO of Damocles2 can be used as outputs by other HW group products on the same LAN.
- Support for programmers: HWg-SDK
- Recommended online portal: SensDesk.com – free online portal
- Supported software
- HWg-Trigger: Control of other IP devices, alarm redirection to SMS
- HWg PDMS: Logging, export to MS Excel, reports
- Third-party software (SCADA systems, Modbus/TCP)
Damocles2 product family
|DO (Digital Outputs)||2
|DI (Digital Inputs)||4||12||24|
|32bit pulse counter on each DI|
|HWg-Push protocol (required for SensDesk.com)|
|SNMP v3 & HTTPs secure protocols|
|-48V power for Telco|
|VDO (Virtual Digital Output)|
|PoE (IEEE 802.3af) support|
Software and Applications
- Third-party software:
- Mobile phone apps: iPhone, Android and more..
- Third-party SNMP (NMS) solutions compatible with HW group
Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, The Dude, Paessler PRTG, OpenNMS, HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli, Axence nVision, Ipswitch WhatsUp, CA NSM, SNMPc and more..
- Third-party security solutions + IP cameras + home automation
- Third-party food & medical software solutions
- Third-party industrial / SCADA solutions
- For programmers: HWg-SDK
Description of the M2M interface and examples of collecting data and working with the protocols in several programming languages
Water Leak Detector
Gas Leak Detector
Motion (PIR) Detector